i think the name is self explanatory

Sunday, November 30, 2003

Why do people persist in making assumptions about me? About my character, my reasons for doing things, my thoughts, my feelings. Why feel as if you have to come to a conclusion about me? Why feel the need to prove to me that you know me better than I know MYSELF when you don't even have a clue as to who you are? You don't know me. No one does. Not my parents, not my friends, not my relatives, not those who dislike me (though maybe them more than most), nor those who frankly don't care. I'M still trying to figure me out. Apparently I'm a complex person. Who knew.

Don't mistake my quietness for shyness, timidity, fear. Occasionally it means those things, more often tho it just means that I have nothing I feel like saying to you.

Don't try to tell me who I am.

Don't painstakingly set out to school me on things I already know. Ask first.

I may disagree with you. Give me plausible reasons as to why you think my stance is incorrect....then move on. It's not up to you to change my mind. You don't have to mould me into the person that I am to become. Relax, I'm releasing you from that responsibility.

I'm not trying to feign enigmacy (neologism in every sense of the word), I'm not trying to elevate myself in my mind or anyone else's. I'm just speaking from experience and frustration.

No one really knows me except the God who created me. Please try to keeep that in mind.

And no, that's not why I made that last statement. And that's definitely not how I came to that conclusion. I am dumb, no doubt. But I'm not as dumb as you think. It's just not possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home