i think the name is self explanatory

Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 1

I don't really have anything to say right now, but Sam's message yesterday (sermon @ church) coupled with the way that gderr's blog made me feel just now have resulted in my being here tonight.

The wind is blowing something fierce outside. It's my fault. We had a cold front about a month ago, immediately following Tomas (the tropical storm that wasn't)...and it felt so nice that I didn't want it to stop - I guess you'd have to live on a Caribbean island to understand that one. So I asked God if He could arrange for it to continue until the Christmas Breeze kicked in (our version of winter), and like the indulgent Daddy He is, He complied. It is certainly Christmas Breeze time, but in addition to that the cold front doesn't appear to have gone anywhere lol. This is more like an extended Christmas Wind. By my calculations I'll have to keep the blanket and sweaters broken out until sometime in January. No complaints here! Tho it does make getting out of bed in the mornings that much more difficult...

I have a French exam this Saturday morning. If I was anywhere near the competency at which I need to be, I'd probably be typing this post in French. However, this is clearly English, so that should give you an idea of what it is that we're working with. One of the French teachers, after speaking to me only briefly this past Saturday re: a completely unrelated topic, declared categorically that I shouldn't be in the French class that I'm currently in. The implication being that I should be in the Beginner's class - confirmation that I'm not being falsely modest here. I told him that I'd let the exam decide that :). God is good though and with Him all things are possible lol. I'm going to go hard until Mdme D. bids me adieu and asks me to leave her classroom. I'm not dead, so please not to call me a duppy. I fully intend to pass and move on to the next level. Perhaps primarily because I'm cheap and I have no intention of wasting the hard earned money that I paid for this here French learning. But also because I have plans for which this language is required, and I don't have time to be regressing a grade. Thank God for the internet, particularly About.com's French language section. That's where I'm heading later on tonight. I'm going to learn me some tenses! <---Insert Southern US drawl here

I'm glad I went to Campion. Random, I know - but I am. I really want to give back to Campion and to Ocho Rios Primary. I'm really glad I went there too. Alot of great things are itching to burst forth from this country. It will happen, they will come, the talent passion and drive are so here. And I want to help bring them to fruition. We can't afford to keep ignoring the talents of those too poor to leave, while exporting the talents of those rich enough to flee. Makes no sense. We are capable of so much more than remittances. We are so much greater than that.

My mood right now: hopeful.
Today's Inspiration: Dr. Henly Morgan and gderr
Thoughts and Prayers with: Dr. Dean, Arlene.
Next on the day's agenda: Quality time with God. Followed by quality time with French :)
Keeping me busy: The Teen Ministry (KCOC), my family group, being a disciple of Christ
Keeping me whole: The Teen Ministry (KCOC), my family group, being a disciple of Christ, God's crazy Love.
Goals: Haiti next year or bust :: Mentor with HOPE Worldwide Jamaica :: walking amongst the stars.

Peace, Love and applejuice,
Me

P.S. Don't you want to donate to Campion's Vision 2020 Campaign (i.e the library/science lab repair/and-the-like fund? Donations received before December 31st will be matched!

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 14, 2010 at 1:20:00 PM EST, Blogger Brown English Muffin said...

What do you plan on doing with your new French language???

I had to take French for 5 years. I can get myself around Paris and read the news paper in France but that's about it!! LOL

 
At Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at 8:40:00 PM EST, Blogger Eesh said...

K-dizzle..you're funny. I love reading your posts. I dont have a space bar (Max...) so Icant type very mcuh.... I needto talk to you soon.....

 
At Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 1:45:00 PM EST, Blogger Sara Webley said...

did you pass?

 
At Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 6:58:00 PM EST, Blogger kayonne said...

oh...right. Yeah, I passed (praise God!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home